Serving Our Community With Effective, Honest Representation
Neal L. Moskow
- Mass Tort Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Civil Litigation
Neal L. Moskow, the founder of the Moskow Law Group, focuses his practice in the areas of mass tort litigation (drug, medical device, and toxic tort), personal injury, medical malpractice, construction law and litigation, commercial/civil litigation, and employment litigation. A Connecticut and New England Class Action/Mass Torts (and Construction Litigation) Super Lawyer for many years, Mr. Moskow is recognized by judges, juries, and his peers as an outstanding trial lawyer; he is a Mass Tort Super Lawyer, Martindale Hubble Preeminent/AV and Avvo Superb rated attorney with more than three decades of experience in many hundreds of cases in both state and federal courts. Mr. Moskow is the co-author of Connecticut Torts: The Law and Practice, published by Matthew Bender/LexisNexis. https://store.lexisnexis.com/products/connecticut-torts-the-law-and-practice-skuusSku6683. Attorney Moskow is also a certified member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an association generally recognized as including the top trial lawyers in America. Membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum is reserved for lawyers who have recovered million and multi-million dollar verdicts – something Attorney Moskow has accomplished multiple times. Neal Moskow is very proud of the fact that he has recovered hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars for his clients over the course of his distinguished career.
Mr. Moskow was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in 1989 and is admitted to practice in Washington, DC and in the U.S. District Courts in Connecticut, the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Eleventh Circuits, as well as the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court. Attorney Moskow earned his Juris Doctorate from Boston University Law School in 1989 and his B.A. from the University of New York at Albany in 1986, magna cum laude. Mr. Moskow has also graduated from Northwestern University’s Mediation Training & Certification Program and often serves as a neutral (mediator or arbitrator) to resolve disputes of all kinds.
Attorney Moskow was appointed by the Hon. Denise Cote in the Southern District of New York to serve on the Plaintiff Steering Committee for the In re: Acetaminophen ASD-ADHD Products Liability Litigation. Mr. Moskow is also co-lead counsel for the Connecticut Consolidated Pradaxa Litigation Docket, has served on the Plaintiffs’ Steering Committees for the In Re: Incretin Mimetic and the In Re: Trasylol litigations, and has worked on various committees in other litigations including Baycol, HRT, Zyprexa and Stryker Trident Hips, among others. Mr. Moskow is presently the Co-Chair of the American Association for Justice’s Pradaxa Litigation Group. In 2013, in recognition of the superb results in the Trasylol and HRT litigations – and in numerous other litigations beginning with Phen Fen and PPA in the mid-1990s, the Mass Tort group that Mr. Moskow headed was named Litigation Department of the Year by the Connecticut Law Tribune. Mr. Moskow has tried seven mass tort cases to verdict, including two HRT cases and five Pradaxa cases where he was lead or co-lead counsel; notably Attorney Moskow has helped lead trial teams that recovered punitive damages in three of those seven pharma trials.
Neal Moskow is a Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Life Fellow. Selection as a Cooper Fellow requires demonstrated superior legal ability and devotion to the welfare of the community, state, and nation and the advancement of the legal profession. Mr. Moskow has previously served on the Connecticut Statewide Grievance Committee’s Fairfield County hearing panel. Mr. Moskow is also a court-appointed fact finder/arbitrator and special master for the Connecticut Superior Court. Attorney Moskow is also a sought-after private mediator and arbitrator, working with attorneys and parties to help resolve personal injury, sexual assault, employment, construction, commercial, landlord/tenant and other types of cases outside of court.
Attorney Moskow has had numerous reported cases and important results. Representative cases include: Moss v. Wyeth Inc., 872 F. Supp. 2d 162 (D. Conn. 2012), Stamford Wrecking Co. v. United Stone America, Inc., 99 Conn. App. 1, 912 A.2d 1044 (2007); Original Grasso Const. Co., Inc. v. Shepherd, 70 Conn. App. 404, 799 A.2d 1083, cert. denied, 261 Conn. 932, 806 A.2d 1065 (2002); Distasio v. Perkin Elmer Corp., 157 F. 3d 55 (2nd Cir. 1998).
Mr. Moskow is an active member of numerous professional and civic organizations including: the Connecticut Bar Association, American Bar Association, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Moskow has previously served as Associate Editor for Sidebar, the Connecticut Bar Association’s Litigation Section’s newsletter.
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- J.D. - 1989
- State University of New York at Albany, Albany, New York
- B.A. - 1986
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Northwestern University
- Mediation Training & Certification Program
- Connecticut, 1989
- District of Columbia, 2023
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut, 1990
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 1990
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court
- "Connecticut's PJR After Pinsky" (Co-Author), Sidebar, Fall, 1997
- "Connecticut Torts: The Law and Practice", Matthew Bender Publishing, 2015
- Moss v. Wyeth Inc., 872 F. Supp. 2d 162 (D. Conn. 2012)
- Stamford Wrecking Co. v. United Stone America, Inc., 99 Conn. App. 1, 912 A.2d 1044 (2007)
- Original Grasso Const. Co., Inc. v. Sheperd, 70 Conn. App. 404, 799 A.2d 1083, cert. denied, 261 Conn. 932, 806 A.2d 1065 (2002)
- Distasio v. Perkin Elmer Corp., 157 F. 3d 55 (2nd Cir. 1998)
- AV Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- James W. Cooper Fellow
- Selected as a Top Lawyer, Construction Law in the Nov/Dec 2010 issue of Westport Magazine
- Connecticut Super Lawyer in General Litigation, 2006, and Class Action/Mass Torts, 2013
- Avvo Superb Rated Attorney
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Ury & Moskow, LLC, Principal, 1995 to 2022
- Rubenstein & Ury, Attorney, 1993 to 1995
- Kleban & Samor, PC, Attorney, 1989 to 1993
- American Association for Justice, Section on Toxic, Environmental and Pharmaceutical Torts, Daubert Litigation Group, Trasylol Litigation Group, Avandia Litigation Group, Actos Litigation Group, Pradaxa Litigation Group, Hormone Replacement Therapy Group, and the Preemption Law Group
- Connecticut Bar Foundation James W. Cooper Life Fellow
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, Product Liability Section
- American Bar Association, Torts and Insurance Practice Group and the Construction and Surety Group
- Connecticut Bar Association, Litigation, Employment, and Commercial Law Sections
Current Employment Position
- Founder and Principal, Moskow Law Group, LLC